- The month of October is unforgettable to many Nigerians.
- Today marks three months that soldiers shot and killed unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate.
On the night of 20 October 2020, at about 6:50 p.m, members of the Nigerian Army opened fire on peaceful End SARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos State, Nigeria.
Amnesty International stated that at least 12 protesters were killed during the shooting also popular Nigerian disk jockey Dj Switch alleged more 12 protester were killed.
However Nigerian Army had denied shoot at peaceful protesters at the lekki tollgate.
The month of October is unforgettable to many Nigerians, at the beginning of the month, youths had staged peaceful protest across the country calling for an end to police brutality.
Strategic positions were blocked especially in Lagos state and Abuja the nation’s capital with youths who were poised in ensuring that the Federal government meets their demands.
- Immediate release of all arrested protesters
- Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensations for their families.
- Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation and prosecution of all reported police misconduct within a period of 10 days.
- Carrying out psychological evaluation and retaining of all disbanded SARS operatives before they can deployed (this should be verified by an independent body).
- The government should increase police salary and they should adequately compensated for protecting lives and property of the citizens.
However a peaceful protest turned violent as protesters where shot at following a curfew imposed by the Lagos State government.
Today marks three months that soldiers shot and killed unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate axis in Lagos State.
Many Nigerians have taken to twitter and other social media platforms to voice out their disappointments that no one has been made to pay for the ugly incident that sparked widespread outrage.
Amala Tourist/Ambassador🃏 @Savagekizz: 3 months feels like yesterday 💔😢 but we would never get tired until justice is served for all innocent youths murdered at Lekki Toll Gate✊🏾 Who gave the order? 20-10-20 #EndSARS #LekkiMassaccre
Food Drive NG @FoodDriveNG_: It’s been 3 months since Nigerians lost their lives at the hands of the very people sworn to protect them.
Still, not one person has been brought to justice. Today we remember all of the brave people at Lekki Toll Gate. May they rest in eternal peace. #EndSARS #LekkiMassaccre everybody cam dan
@casenora1: I woke up just to ask who ordered the shootings at lekki toll gate exactly 3months ago #EndSARS
Cmetu @metuchizzy: I was driving by the lekki toll gate with my friend from America and she asked, is this not where the massacre happened? Plz stop let me take a picture, I got ashamed that lekki toll gate is now an attraction for tourist. 🤦🏿♂️🤦🏿♂️🤦🏿♂️ and today marks 3months our leaders killed us 😭💔
Wilson Atumeyi @Wils_Atumeyi: Today makes it 3 months since lives were lost at Lekki Toll Gate #EndSARS peaceful protest. Who gave the order? Accountability seems like a myth in Nigeria. We will never forget 20:10:20 ✊🏿#Atumeyi