- Buhari congratulates Joe Biden on the successful transition.
- Buhari expressed optimism that the Presidency of Biden and Harris strengthen cooperation and support for Nigeria and Africa.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Breaking: TB Joshua Becomes First Nigerian Pastor To Endorse COVID-19 Vaccine
- Air Peace Resumes Dubai Flights February 5, Increases Flights To Enugu
- Donald Trump Departs White House For The Final Time As US President (Video)
President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the new United States of America, President, Joe Biden and the Vice President, Senator Kamala Harris as they took the oath of office on Wednesday.
President Buhari in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu in Abuja, titled “President Buhari: We look forward to working with President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris”.
The President congratulated the leaders and the entire country on the successful transition, which he said marked an important historical point for democracy as a system of government and for the global community as a whole.
Buhari also expressed optimism that the Presidency of Biden and Harris will further strengthen cooperation and support for Nigeria and Africa.
Buhari rejoiced with Biden, sharing the proud moment that the first woman elected Vice President of the US has African and Asian ancestry.
The statement reads, “We look forward to the Biden Presidency with great hope and optimism for the strengthening of existing cordial relationships, working together to tackle global terrorism, climate change, poverty, and improvement of economic ties, with the expansion of trade.
“We hope that this will be an era of great positivity between our two nations, as we jointly address issues of mutual interest.”