Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading flexible packaging manufacturer is in need of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Purchase
Location: Sagamu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Our client is recruiting an Assistant Manager – Purchase that will develop purchasing strategies and oversee the purchasing team in their daily activities of sourcing suppliers and purchasing products, equipment, and services.
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- B.Sc. degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or any other related field
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as Purchasing Officer in the FMCG industry
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgment along with decision-making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.