University Press PLC (UPPLC) was founded in 1949 under the name of Oxford University Press Nigeria, and has grown to become one of the oldest, most experienced and the Nation’s Foremost Publishers of materials for educational and for general reading. At incorporation as a public liability company in 1978, the Company’s name was changed to University Press Limited with an authorised share capital of 8,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50k each.
Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 14th August 1978, UPPLC has, on two occasions, won the prestigious Stock Exchange Merit Award in the service sector of quoted companies. It has also won, for two consecutive years, 1984 and 1985, the Concord Prize for Excellence in Academic Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Typesetter
Location: Ibadan (Head Office)
Educational Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Applicant must be computer literate with a National Diploma (ND) in Computer Science and any other related discipline with experience in desktop publishing
- Minimum of Two (2) years cognate experience in typesetting with a publishing company or in a related company
- He / She must be attentive to details and familiar with fonts and also have an understanding of graphic design
- Not more than 30 years of age
- Ability to communicate in English Language
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mannerism with high social skills, integrity and strength of character
Competitive and sufficiently attractive for the right type of candidate. A fulfilling and bright career is assured.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter, CV, and photocopies of their Credentials (as stated above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Send soft copies to:
The Head (Human Resources Division),
University Press Plc,
Three Crowns Building, Jericho, Ibadan,