- A year has passed since the tragic death of former Lakers idol Kobe Bryant,
- He was killed in a helicopter crash with his daughter Gianna and seven other passengers on 26 January 2020.
- In Los Angeles, his disappearance still represents an immense trauma that a 17th NBA title has failed to alleviate
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Photos: 4 Brazilian Footballers, Club President Killed In A Plane Crash
- Bodies Of Kobe Bryant, Daughter, Seven Others Released To Families
- Kobe Bryant: Helicopter Company Sues Air Traffic Controllers
The shock wave is still there, very present. In Los Angeles, the shadow of Kobe Bryant hangs over every NBA floor.
One year ago, on 26 January 2020, the sports world learned of the death of the former Lakers star in a helicopter crash.
He, the basketball monument, tragically disappeared at the age of 41, swept away with his daughter Gianna, 13, and the seven other passengers. A tragedy from which the Americans are still struggling to recover.
This Tuesday, the anniversary of the accident, the Lakers will not play. The partners of LeBron James have an appointment on Wednesday in Philadelphia, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
“When the tragedy happened, we said, ‘Let’s do it for him,'” recalls Anthony Davis. And that’s what we’ve been trying to do all year. We fought for one goal, and it was not just for ourselves but for his family as well. And we got there.” Despite a complicated and painful mourning process, the star that shines above the Lakers is not about to go out: “Many things disappear but legends never die,” concludes LeBron James.