- The presidency has given reasons behind the replacement of service chiefs.
- Femi Adesina while debunking reports that Buhari yielded to the call of Nigerian, said the development was aimed at altering the security system of the country.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fayose Seeks Probe Of Sacked Service Chiefs For Extrajudicial Killings
- Fire Engulfs 70 Shops In Somolu Market – LASEMA
- The New Service Chiefs Must Send Every Terrorist To Hell- FFK
Femi Adesina has dismissed remarks that his principal, Muhammdu Buhari sacked the Service Chiefs following calls by many Nigerians.
Femi Adesina while featuring on Channels Television’s Politics Today, on Tuesday night said President Muhammadu Buhari changed Service Chiefs because he felt the time was right to alter the country’s security system.
Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity during the interview said: “The President knew the time to do it and I believe the time has come and that is why it has been done.
“I don’t think it is a matter of right or wrong, it is just a matter of doing what is best for the country at the best time.
“It will not be right to say one side was right or one side was wrong because the President even in the statement we issued, also commended the outgoing service chiefs for their contribution to engendering a safer country.
“That shows that by and large, he was satisfied with their performances and he just felt it was time to rejig the system; have fresh energy, have fresh blood, have fresh ideas”.