- A woman has lost her life in Benue state after her daughter bathed her with hot water.
- The cause of the quarrel which led to the untimely death, according to an eye witness, was over the use of a detergent.
You May Also Like
- ‘Have Never Been Disgrace Like This’ Female Armed Robber Cries Out
- Major Nigeria Newspaper Headlines For Today, Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
An 18-year-old girl, Winifred Ngutesen Ingyaji, from Ute-Tse-Kpun, Vandeikya local government area of Benue state, bathed her mother, Mbachirin Ashiekaa to death with hot water.
The suspect also injured her sister-in-law, Mrs Jennifer Betsee, who is currently receiving treatment at Bishop Murray Hospital Makurdi.
An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity said she was there when the quarrel started, but did not anticipate that it would degenerate to such a level.
According to the eyewitness, “Jennifer bought a detergent but never knew that Winifred had already used it.
“When she wanted to use the detergent, she discovered that her mother had already taken it. She was not happy about it.
“As the altercation continued, Jennifer angrily queried Winifred for using her detergent without permission. But Winifred said she used it to wash the kettles in the house.
“As the quarrel ensued, Winifred said “to hell with Jennifer.” But Jennifer became more furious and gave it back to Winifred, reacted and took the water Jennifer was boiling to bath her and her little baby.”
However, Winifred’s mother, Mrs. Mbachirin, met her death when she attempted stop her daughter from pouring more hot water on Jennifer.
The water was said to have mistakenly poured on her. She died on their way to Bishop Murray Hospital, Makurdi.