- Osimhen was quickly rushed to hospital after he collided with opposing player.
- There were worrying signs from both of the players on the field
- He was quickly taken to a nearby hospital after he was attended by doctors in the field.
Nigeria and Napoli striker VIctor Osimhen has been rushed to the hospital after collapsing on the pitch.
The Attacker suffered from a head trauma after contesting the ball awkwardly with Atalanta’s defender Cristian Romero.
The impact of the collision was so severe that Osimhen lost consciousness on the air before reaching the ground, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
His fall petrified everyone including the referee who quickly called the attention of medics to operate on him quickly.
Carefully, the Medics resuscitated him before rushing to the hospital towards the end of Atalanta’s 4-2 victory.
Napoli’s official website have now confirmed that Osimhen’s test result are negative and he will have to remain in Bergamo until tomorrow when further test will be carried out by the club’s highly rated doctor Raffaele Canonico and other medical personnel.
Napoli, however, lost Sunday’s game 4-2 after goals from Daniel Zapata, Robin Gosens, Luis Muriel and Romero sinked them to their fourth loss in five matches across all competitions.
They dropped to seventh in the league table with 40 points from 22 matches, with Osimhen struggling to find the back of the net since his big-money move from France.
Osimhen has only scored two league goals in 10 appearances for Gennaro Gattuso’s side.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Italian Pundit Labels Osimhen Biggest Flop In Serie A
- Napoli Slam Osimhen Stiff Penalty For Contracting Covid-19
- 2020: EPL, Seria A , La Liga First Eleven Of The Year