- Obafemi Martins was simply unstoppable at the beginning of his career.
- Aa gathered by EKO HOT BLOG , He was so lethal that fans called him names like “goal machine” and “Oba goal”
- At Inter Milan, he formed a deadly partnership with Brazilian legend, Adriano, after scoring 23 goals for the youth team.
Former Inter Milan First team coach, Hector Cuper saw the potentials in the young Nigerian striker, Obafemi Martins and immediately drafted him to the senior team.
Before clocking 21, he had already scored 8 UEFA Champions league goals for Inter Milan.
He scored against Arsenal, Villarreal (quarter final), AC Milan (semi final), Anderlecht (twice), Bayer Leverkusen, FC Porto and Werder Bremen.
He is the fifth player of all time to have scored more Champions League goals before their 21st birthday.
Although, he is tied on 8 goals with legends like Lionel Messi, Raul and Saviola.
Players with more goals are; Kylian Mbappe (19), Haaland (18), Karim Benzema (12) and Patrick Kluivert (9).
Also, Obafemi Martins is the first ever teenager to score in three consecutive Champions League seasons.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Photos: Osimhen Rushed To The Hospital After Collapsing On The Pitch
- Obafemi Martins Takes Over From Ighalo At Shenhua
- “I Won’t Apologize At All For 2010 World Cup Goal Miss” – Yakubu Aiyegbeni Rants