- Football worldwide mourns for another untimely departure of another player.
- The young defensive Midfielder named Ta Bi was aged 21 before his sudden demise.
- Football Players and Coaches send their condolences
Atlanta Defensive Midfielder, Willy Ta Bi passed away on Tuesday following liver cancer disease he has been grappling with, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
He joined Atalanta from Ivory Coast’s Asec Mimosa in 2019 and immediately helped the team win the Italian youth title, the Primavera.
Ta Bi also played with the new signed Manchester United boy named Amad Diallo in the Academy at Atlanta.
The former Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba also paid tribute to Ta Bi on social media.
“Ivory Coast, the football world are mourning you, you fought against this damn disease as you fought on the pitches like a real boss, a leader.
Juventus midfielder Dejan Kulusevski, who was also part of that youth team at Atalanta, also paid tribute to his ex-teammate on Instagram: “rest in peace, brother”.
Another former Atalanta teammate who paid his respects was Manchester United’s new Ivory Coasts born winger Amad Diallo.
“Rest in peace, Willy Braciano Ta Bi. Forever in our hearts.” He also posted a picture of them embracing and wrote: “Now sleep in peace, friend,” the 18-year-old wrote on Instagram.
Ta Bi captained the Ivory Coast at youth level and represented his country at the Francophone Games in 2017, with Drogba posting a video of a passionate team talk given by the young star.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Photos: Famous Footballers Who Committed Suicide
- Photos: 2 Nigerian Footballers Sign Professional Contract At Chelsea
- Why The Indian Football Team Withdrew From FIFA World Cup