- The security risk on Nigeria highways is becoming alarmingly high
- Another professional football club has been attacked by “Men of the underworld”.
- The news has garnered massive reactions on social media
As obligated by the Nigeria Football Federation and the leadership of Nigeria Women’s Football League, FC Robo of Lagos took to the road to honour a Nigeria Women’s Football League fixture scheduled for Delta state.
The armed gang attacked FC Robo players in Ijebu-Ode as the Players and Officials of the Lagos-based club were heading to Agbor, Delta state, for their week seven match against Delta Queens.
According to reports, the incidence took along Ijebu-Ode road in Ogun state around 10pm late on Tuesday night.
The Lagosians were stranded on the roadside in the famous city of Ijebu-Ode with the gunmen doing away with valuables including money, smart phones and playing kits.
In addition, the driver of the team official vehicle was reportedly missing as he was taken away by the bandits but was later released, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
This is coming few days after similar things happened to Adamawa United, an outfit in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) as the team was robbed and their driver kidnapped along Benin-Ore road.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- BREAKING: NPFL: Bus Carrying Wikki Tourists Players Bursts Into Flames
- NPFL: MFM, Heartland, Lobi Console Sunshine Over The Death Of Staff
- Gernot Rohr Blows Hot, Says Nigeria Can’t Win The “World Cup”