- Men of the Akwa Ibom Quick Respond Squad (QRS) stationed at Ike Annang Junction were attacked by suspected Cultists.
- The junction is in Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
- The news has sparked reactions among Nigerians
The Officers never had an inkling of what was to befall them as they were caught unawares. The Cultists stormed the Junction in motorcycles and shot the Officers, hereby killing an unidentified Police Inspector.
Some of Officers managed to escape but left one of them in the Hilux van parked at a nearby spot. The unlucky Police Inspector was shot and the van set ablaze by the cultists.
As gathered by EKO HOT BLOG , it is a reprisal attack on officers of QRS who have been a thorn in the flesh of Armed robbers, Criminals, Cultists and Hoodlums lately.
Akwa Ibom State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Odiko Mcdon, confirmed the incident adding that the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Amienghene Andrew has ordered full investigation into the matter.
The State PPRO said the Local Government Area have been under siege recently and vowed that the incident will not deter the efforts of his men to stop the activities of criminals in the area.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- #EndSARS: His Colleague Killed Him, Widow Of Police Inspector Says
- Tension In Benue State As Police Inspector Rapes 13-Year-Old Student In Benue
- Gunmen Abduct Police Inspector, 23 Others In Kaduna