- The UEFA Champions League continues it’s Round of 16 knock out stage 1st leg week 2
- One of the things that makes the game fun especially in the Champions League, is the records and mostly the rivalry.
- As gathered by EKO HOT BLOG, Here are 15 Records that were broken this week;
1. Thomas Tuchel becomes only the 2nd manager in the history of the Champions League to manage 2 different clubs within a single Champions League season (after Ronald Koeman 2007/08).
2. Jamal Musiala age 17 years and 363 days is now the youngest player to ever score a goal for a German club in the ChampionsLeague.
3. Robert Lewandowski has scored 72 UEFA Champions League goals, overtaking Raúl to go outright third behind Cristiano Ronaldo (134) and Lionel Messi (119).
4. Following tuesday’s victory against Lazio, Joshua Kimmich has won 38 of his first 50 Champions League games the most wins by a player in the first 50 appearances in the competition’s history. Winner.
5. Hansi Flick, who is celebrated his 56th birthday yesterday, has won 93% of his Champions League matches (14 of 15) that’s the highest win percentage of a manager with at least 2 games in the competition’s history . Success.
6. Toni Kroos made his 308th appearance in all competions for Real Madrid today, thus equaling Uli Stielike’s record by a German player for Real Madrid. Legends.
7. This is the 7th meeting in UEFA competitions between Borrusia Monchengladbach and Man City. Both teams have not faced any opponent as often as each other.
8. Toni Kroos had 154 touches tonight, the most by any player in a single game in this season’s Champions League.
9. Atalanta have ended a match without any single shot on target for the first time since April 2019 v Inter in Serie A.
10. The red card received by Remo Freuler (after 16 minutes and 57 seconds) is the fastest get by an Italian side in Champions League – previously, the red card to Montolivo with AC Milan v Ajax back in December 2013 (21:20).
11. Real Madrid have seen their opponents receive a red card on 15 occasions in the knockout stages of the Champions League, the joint-most for any team alongside Barcelona.
12. All three English sides (Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City) have won their first leg of the Champions League last 16 away from home. In European Cup/Champions League history, no English team has ever been eliminated in a knockout tie after winning the first leg away.
13. Manchester City are the first team to keep a clean sheet in their first four away Champions League matches in a campaign since Manchester United did so in 2010-11.
14. Phil Foden is set to play in the Champions League knockout stage for a fourth season before turning 21 – only the third player to achieve that, along with Cesc Fabregas (2004-05 – 2007-08) and Theo Walcott (2006-07 – 2009-10).
15. Manchester City have currently gone 315 minutes without conceding a goal away from home in the Champions League this season, while they’ve only faced six shots in three-and-a-half away games (none so far tonight).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- The UEFA Champions League Record Obafemi Martins Shares With Messi, Raul & Saviola
- Great Players Who Have Never Won The UEFA Champions League
- Longest Unbeaten Runs In Champions League History