- Recently, the Senate confirmed 40 year old Abdulrasheed Bawa as the new EFCC boss
- He was nominated few days back by President Mohammed Buhari.
- As gathered by EKO HOT BLOG , Explained below are facts you should know about the EFCC Boss
History has just been made in the Economic Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) with the confirmation of the young Abdul Rasheed Bawa as the new chairman of the anti – graft agency by the Nigerian Senate.
Here’s everything you should note about the new EFCC BOSS.
Abudul Rasheed Bawa was born in 1980(40 years) in Jega local government of Kebbi state.
He is a cousin to Malami ex -attorney General of the federal Republic of Nigeria. He is married with children.
Bawa attended Model Primary School Birnin -Kebbi road Sokoto (1991) and moved to Government Secondary School Owerri ( 1997).
He attended Usman Danfodio University Sokoto where he earned a degree in Economic (2001) and later obtained a masters degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy (2012) from the same university .
Bawa is one of the pioneer Cadet officer of EFCC in 2005. He said to be specialized and highly experienced in the following fields;
– Advance fee fraud (419)
– Official corruption and money laundering
– Bank fraud etc
Until his new appointment, he was the Lagos Zonal head of EFCC
If his appointment gets confirmed by the Senate, he will be making history as the youngest EFCC Chairman since the establishment of the agency in 2003.
He will also be the 7th Northerner and Muslim to lead the agency.
Allegations of Corruption
Bawa was once arrested on allegations of corruption and tried by the outgoing EFCC chairman – Ibrahim Magu in 2018 when he was in charge of Port Harcourt zone.
He was accused of selling 244 fuel tankers seized from Illegal businesses to his friends at a price of about #100,000 each. He was later transferred to Lagos.
He is a recipient of Economic Financial Crimes Commission award (2020)
Bawa is also awarded by the US Federal Bureau Investigation award (2019) Department of Justice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- BREAKING: Bawa Arrives Senate For Screening As EFCC Boss
- BREAKING: I Didn’t Sell Seized Property In EFCC Custody, Says Bawa
- BREAKING: Senate Confirms Bawa As EFCC Chairman