- Femi Fani Kayode has once again spoken about Sheik Ahmed Gumi who has been subject of strong criticism in recent times
- Due to his comments concerning the insecurity situation in the northern part of Nigeria, FFK reacts
- As a result, Nigerians are reacting
Nigerian politician and the former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has taken to social media to expose what Gumi’s Father stated in 1989 when General Ibrahim Babangida served as Nigerian President.
Abubakar Mahmud Gumi was a close associate of Ahmadu Bello, the premier of the Northern region in the 1950s and 1960s.
He was also an outspoken islamic scholar and Grand Khadi of the Northern Region of Nigeria, a position which made him a central authority in the interpretation of the Sharia legal system in the region.
As gathered by EKO HOT BLOG, He has a large number of children, but his most popular child happens to be Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi who succeeded his father as the scholar of the central mosque in Kaduna.
According to Fani-Kayode, Chief Ernest Shonekan became Head Of State few years after the death of Gumi’s father.
He further stated Gunmi’s father Sheik Abubakar Gumi who is the founder of the Izala Muslim sect said something in 1989.
He allegedly said that it would be over his dead body that another Christian rules Nigeria. He died three years later and a Christian became head of stare according to Femi Fani-Kayode.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Lion Can’t Be Caged, Fani-Kayode Finally Opens Up On His Alleged Defection To APC
- Fani-Kayode Clears Air On Defection Speculation
- Fani-Kayode Reacts As Nnamdi Kanu Issues Fresh Threat To FG