- Across the world, ex-sports men and women are going into politics to contribute their quota to the development of their different societies.
- From George Weah who is the President of Liberia to Manny Pacquio , the list of those who metamorphosed from sports into politics is endless.
- A sprinkle of them are already making in-roads into the world of politics.
One of those is former Super Eagles attacking midfielder Edema Fuludu who is nursing the ambition to become the Local Government Chairman of Warri South.
A thorough-bred Warri boy, Fuludu broke into the Super Eagles team while still playing in the domestic league at a time many Europe-based players could not get a foot in the door.
Although Fuludu did not make it to the 1994 World Cup, he featured for the Super Eagles a year later at the USA Gold Cup.
According to the 51-year old, if he is elected, he primarily wants to target women because for him, once you educate a woman and the woman is happy at home, then the family is happy and the society at large becomes happy, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
Fuludu also admits that since he is a sportsman, sports development will be given a priority by him.
Though starting out modestly by vying for the Chairmanship position, Fuludu told the press in an interview that he harbours big dreams.
He said: “The dream is big, it can take me anywhere, even to the highest office in the land if God wishes, so there is no going back.
The Local Government election in Delta State is billed for March 2021.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Meet The Man Who Created The Famous AK-47 Rifle And Read What The 47 Stands For
- 2022 Africa Qualifiers: Gernot Rohr To Drop Super Eagles Captain And Three Others From Squad
- JUST IN: Former Super Eagles Defender Is Dead