- Lot of fans reacted to Giroud over head kick goal on champions league night
- Giroud became the second chelsea player to score six goals in Europe competition since 2012 when Chelsea legend Didier Drogba did it.
- In reactions, Chelsea fans stormed social media
The 34 year old Frenchman was once again the hero on a European night for Chelsea. Didier Drogba reacted after Olivier Giroud who has a knack for scoring the spectacular came up with an acrobatic finish to hand the Blues a 1-0 advantage in the first leg of their round of 16 clash against Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Champions League.
The World Cup winner has been instrumental in European campaigns for Chelsea moving to Stamford Bridge. Giroud was the highest goalscorer in the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League with 11 goals, including one in the final against his former employers Arsenal.
Earlier this season in the UCL group stages, Giroud netted a late winner against Rennes to hand Frank Lampard’s side a crucial 3 points, and also single handedly dismantled Sevilla with 4 well-taken goals on the night.
Following his Tuesday night heroics, UEFA on Twitter, acknowledged Giroud for becoming the first Chelsea player to score 6 goals or more in a Champions League season since a certain Didier Drogba did it in the 2011/12 campaign.
Drogba, who is still a fan of the West London club, also took to Twitter hail the Frenchman for equalling his record in the competition. Giroud would also go on to praise the Chelsea legend whom he referred to as “Big Bro”, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
Chelsea fans will be hoping that history does repeat itself this season as Thomas Tuchel and his boys will be aiming to lift the Champions League trophy for the second time in the club’s history.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- After 10 Years Together, Drogba Announces Separation From His Wife
- Atletico 0-1 Chelsea: Luis Suarez Clashes With Antonio Rudiger In UCL Match
- 4 Chelsea Records That Are Still Standing