Girl Effect, we’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Creative Agency / Consultant – Facebook Health Partnership Campaign
About our COVID Partnership with Facebook
- Girl Effect has been selected as a Global Health Partner in Facebook’s ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID and promote COVID vaccines and routine immunizations.
- Using our youth-brands in India, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, and South Africa, we will run Facebook campaigns that provide adolescent girls with engaging and trustworthy health information related to Covid, vaccines and other health-seeking behaviours.
Context of Assignment:
- Girl Effect is advertising for a creative agency or consultant/s to drive conception and ideation for our Nigerian campaign. The campaign will be run on our Nigerian ‘Springster’ Facebook page.
- Campaign conception and ideation will take place across an 8 week period. During that time, you will attend a series of Facebook workshops throughout February and March, coming up with original concepts, ideas and formats for the campaign, as well as tailoring ‘global’ messaging and formats from our other campaign markets.
- Up to 8 weeks initially, with scope to produce the campaign content creation after the creative development period
- February 2021 – mid-April 2021 (Facebook workshops + creative development stage)
- From April: content production and campaigns launch
- Attendance at 8 x weekly workshops
- Completing short ‘pre-work’ before each workshop (watching videos + reading articles – a few hours a week)
- Attendance at weekly global campaign calls and creative workshops
- Write up of campaign concepts and formats
- Recommendations for campaign content production model and budget (after the creative development phase)
Who You Are
- A creative agency or freelance Creative Director/Creative Strategist/Content Creator with experience creating content and campaigns for youth audiences. Social Media experience would be a massive bonus
- You have a proven ability to create compelling and engaging formats that deliver clear messages and CTAs
- Experience in health-related content would be a massive bonus
- Experience working on multi-country campaigns and campaign localisation would be a massive bonus, as would an existing relationship with or connections to Facebook
Qualified firms/individuals are invited to submit a short proposal (5-10 pages max) that includes the following:
- Qualification and experience of firm/individual
- Approach for undertaking this Assignment underpinned by a demonstration of value for money
- Previous experience in similar assignment(s) in line with the ‘Who You Are’ section above (relevant case studies/creds deck/campaigns)
- A financial budget (in USD) and work plan. N.B. The technical and financial proposals will need to be submitted as separate documents.
- The agency will report to Girl Effect’s Project Manager/program lead
- Applicants are advised to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their tax position with regards to provisions of the UK jurisdiction tax legislation when developing their proposals.
The criteria against which proposals will be evaluated are listed below:
- Demonstrates relevant experience in creative conception and ideation for youth audiences through case studies or ‘creds deck’ in proposal submission (20 points)
- Gives a clear outline of approach and ways of working during creative conception (15 points)
- Ability to produce campaign content, as well as develop ideas (20 points)
- Demonstrates existing contacts/relationships with Facebook and/or strong connections to wider creative networks (20 points)
- Team composition and structure (Qualification and relevant experience of key personnel) (5points)
- Demonstrates value for money and/or ability to allocate or secure pro-bono resources in financial proposal/budget (20 points)
GE is not liable for any cost incurred during preparation, submission, or negotiation of the award/contract. All submitted documentation and/or materials shall become and remain the property of GE.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a proposal by email with the subject line “Towards Covid Facebook Project 2021 – “Nigeria” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GE reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party. GE shall inform the ONLY successful applicant(s). The process of negotiation and signing of the contract with the successful applicant(s) will follow.