- Former Barcelona’s President Josep Maria Bartomeu was arrested in his house.
- Barcelona set a new record for the highest number of club Presidents arrested in Europe
- The news received mixed reviews from Football fans.
Former Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has been arrested earlier this morning due to his involvement in the BarcaGate scandal.
BarcaGate was the Company Bartomeu paid to discredit Barcelona Players on Social media.
Catalan police were located at the Camp Nou offices this morning to search for documentation in connection with the BarçaGate investigation.
Also arrested were Òscar Grau (CEO), Román Gómez Ponti (Head of legal services) and Jaume Masferrer (former adviser to the presidency)
They created and paid companies to slander Barca players (including Leo Messi) and protect them on social media, EKO HOT BLOG gathered.
Piqué reacts: “ They spent money to criticize legends of the club as well as active players, that’s brutal. I asked for explanations & Bartomeu told me “Gerard, I didn’t know.” ”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- La Liga: Barcelona President Bartomeu Messi Leaving The Club
- BREAKING: Bartomeu Resigns As Barcelona President
- Messi Prepares To Take Legal Action Against El Mundo Over Contract Leak