- Nigeria has lost yet another top politician, the cause of death is not known at this time.
- The former Lawmaker dies at the age of 87.
- The family of the deceased received condolences from senior political officials.
Aliu Omokide was a top Nigerian Politician and member of the State House of Assembly of the defunct Bendel state between 1979 and 1983.
According to official statement issued to confirm the death of the Elder Statesman who hailed from Igarra, in Edo, was the secretary of the Muslim pilgrims welfare board for many years.
The traditional ruler of Okpe kingdom in Akoko Edo, Okhishimede Eshimokhai Idogu, paid tribute to the Nigerian Politician claiming he will be remembered for his significant contribution to uplifting the lives of people.
“The quality representation which late alhaji Aliyu Omokide offered his people during his hey days as a honourable member of the defunct Bendel state house of assembly is eternally evergreen and difficult to forget,” Idogu was quoted to have said.
As gathered by EKO HOT BLOG , Former Chief of staff to the Governor of Edo state, Godwin Obaseki, Taiwo Akerele also paid tribute to the Nigerian Politician, describing him as a role model who served the people selflessly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Buhari Mourns Popular Dramatist, Jimoh Aliu
- PHOTOS: 8 Nigerian Politicians Jailed Under Buhari’s Regime
- This Young Igbo Politician Is Wanted By The EFCC