Usman Alkali Baba was appointed as the acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP) by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
The Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, stated that the appointment of the new IGP takes immediate effect.
Below are the ten things to know about the new IGP
- Usman Alkali was born on 1st March 1963.
- He hails from Gaidam, Yobe State.
- Alkali holds a Teacher’s Grade II Certificate (TC II) from Teachers College, Potiskum, Yobe State, in 1980.
- He obtained a BA (ED) in Political Science from Bayero University, Kano, in 1985.
- Alkali has a Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA) obtained from University of Maiduguri, Borno State, in 1997.
- He enlisted in the Nigeria Police on 15th March 1988.
- Alkali has served in various capacities such as DIG Force CID and was also the Force Secretary at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
- He has also served in various commands including Kaduna as the Deputy Commissioner, Administration; while he was in FCT as the Deputy Commissioner, Investigation and was also in the staff college as a directing staff.
- Alkali was in Ilorin as an Area Commander. He was the second-in-command in Ebonyi, an Assistant Commissioner, CID in Kaduna and before then was DPO (Divisional Police Officer) in various places like Gombe, Yola, and Jos.
- In his curriculum vitae, he said that his policing vision is, “To enhance police primacy in Nigeria through the provision of a motivational and credible leadership driven by professional knowledge, ethics, emotional intelligence tools, and strategic planning and operational models that are directed at stabilizing internal security and modernizing police operations, facilities and standards within the framework of citizens, consent, trust, and rule of law.”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE