After a thrilling weekend of football, we look back at the performances of some Super Eagles players in various leagues abroad.
(1) EKO HOT BLOG starts off in England where Kelechi Iheanacho led his Leicester City team to victory in the semi final of the FA Cup.
He alongside Wilfred Ndidi will play in the final of the oldest club competition in football against Chelsea.
‘Senior Man Kelz’ scored the only goal of the game at Wembley stadium against Southampton in the 55th minute.
That goal was his 10th in his last seven matches for Leicester City, making him their highest goalscorer in all competitions this season with 15 goals in total.
He also became the first Nigerian player to score 15 goals in a season for a Premier League side since Odion Ighalo did it for Watford in 2015/16 season.
(2) In the Spanish La Liga, another Nigerian shining star grabbed a double for himself.
Samuel Chukwueze started and scored two second half goals for Villarreal away to Levante.
(3) Crotone hot shot Simy Nwankwo was on target for them against Udinese but his efforts were not enough to prevent a defeat.
(4) Still in the Serie A, Victor Osimhen started for Napoli in their clash with table toppers and potential champions Inter Milan. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.
(5) In the Scottish Premier League, Joe Aribo played the full 90 minutes in the ‘Old firm derby’ between Rangers and Celtic. His team ran out 2-0 winners on the day.
(6) In the English Premier League, four Nigerians made the starting XI for Fulham in their London derby with Arsenal.
Josh Maja opened the scoring from the penalty spot, while there were also starts for Ola Aina, Tosin Adarabioyo and Ademola Lookman.
(7) Ike Ugbo was on target once again for Cercle Brugge in the Belgian Pro League.
The Chelsea loanee scored his side’s only goal in their 1-1 draw on Sunday.
(8) Also in Belgium, Manchester City loanee Lukas Nmecha provided the assist for Anderlecht’s winning goal against Sint Truiden on Sunday.
(9) In France, Terem Moffi scored twice for Lorient but they still fell to a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Marseille.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
- Super Eagles Captain, Ahmed Musa, Rejoins Kano Pillars
- PHOTOS: EPL Team Of The Week Features Three Chelsea Players And A Super Eagles Star
- PHOTOS: Goals Galore As Top Super Eagles Players Score For Their European Clubs