Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer is responsible gathering, analyzing, and processing complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The MEL Officer will be responsible for ensuring regular and consistent documentation and reporting deliverables are met in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast Connection activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria. In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The MEL Officer reports to the MEL Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the development of Quarterly reports, Annual Work Plan(s) and other specific and statutory deliverables to USAID
- Prepare and update of the M&E activities plan to be performed according to project plans and expected deliverables and results.
- Maintain an up-to-date catalog of all project M&E tools and forms in electronic and hard copy of data files.
- Conduct data entry and ensure the overall quality of the data collected for consistency and accuracy.
- Identify M&E training and STTA needs and ensure that these needs are met and provide training on M&E activities as needed.
- Conduct secondary verification of all results data received from partners, including conducting verification visits, as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic research and/or case studies to measure impact of activities.
- Advocate and promote scale-up of best practices and cost effectiveness with both staff and stakeholders.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning and four (4) years of general experience.
- Demonstrated experience in M&E report writing.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
- Proficient English skills and fluency in one or more of the local state languages in Northeastern Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job tilte as the subject of the mail.