The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980.
The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, “Technology for Service”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- He/She by virtue of the office, the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation of the University.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to provide strong leadership in the administrative work of the University.
- He/She must have drive and strong passion for delivering excellent results.
He / She should also:
- have strong leadership and communication skills;
- be creative, proactive and self motivated; and
- have excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate for the post of Registrar is required to possess a good University Degree not less than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) from a recognized University with a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in University administration or equivalent in private or government sector and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a Deputy Registrar or its equivalent in Government/Industry;
- Be a seasoned administrator well rooted in the finest administrative traditions;
- Have a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools;
- Be a person of courage, but humane, and who can influence administrative decisions in the interest of the University;
- Be a person of proven integrity with ability to give administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University;
- Be sound physically and mentally to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice-Chancellor and the Senate;
- Be a person willing and prepared to assist in external fund raising activity; and
- Must not be above 60 years of age on assumption of office as the Registrar.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are similar to those of the Post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time-to-time.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment.
Application Closing Date
3:00pm, 16th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of his/her application
accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of the candidate’s most recent Curriculum Vitae
which shall contain the following:
- Full names.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- ContactAddress with e-mail address and telephone number(s).
- Marital Status, number and ages of children.
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed).
- Administrative and managerial experience.
- Membership of professional bodies.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope, marked at the upper left hand corner Post of “Registrar” to:
The Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
P.M.B. 01660, Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
- Every candidate must supply in their application forms, names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as their moral character and uprightness.
- The candidates should request their referees to forward referee reports directly to the Ag. Registrar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
- All applications not received by 3.00p.m on the last day shall be declared void.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611