- A staff of Ikeja Electric have been electrocuted in Lagos.
Tragedy struck on Friday afternoon as a staff of Ikeja Electric was electrocuted while fixing wires to connect a prepaid meter to a pole, EKO HOT BLOG has gathered.
It was gathered that the incident occurred at Abule Egba in Agbado Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area (LCDA) of Lagos State.
Two staff of Ikeja Electric were said to have gone to a house along Ekoro Road at Abule Eegba area to fix a prepaid meter and connect light into a house along the road.
It was learnt that one of the Ikeja Electric staff, a technician popularly called Lookman, climbed the pole to fix the wires of the prepaid meter when he was electrocuted.
The technician, who had fastened his belt to the pole, was later seen dangling on the pole.
This attracted many residents to the scene of the incident while the Ekoro Road was immediately cordoned off by some youths to prevent movement of vehicles.
Effort to rescue the technician proved abortive as his colleague was nowhere to be found after the incident occurred.
He, however, returned a few minutes later to inform the residents that he had to run to a nearby transformer to switch off the light.
The cause of the electrocution could not be ascertained as of the time of writing this report, but people discussing the incident around the area said they suspected that the gloves which the technician was wearing on his hands were torn.
Ikeja Electric Plc is the largest Nigerian power distribution company.
It is based in Ikeja, the Lagos State capital.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611