Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a leading Telecommunications Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Structural / Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the project team to engage the clients and consultant teams.
- Support the project during the tender as solution engineer or as part of the solutions team.
- Develop local resources to support DC facility business.
- Promote and Present Huawei DC structural / civil solution, as well as Manage client relationship.
- Integrate design requirements as defined by client, mechanical & electrical engineers (internal and external) as well as product specialists to compile requirements for bid High Level Designs (HLD), often from the start, including:
- All structural and civil components;
- Baseline / Concept scheme drawings and schedules;
- Bassline bill of quantities (BoQ); Concept reports;
- All documentation required to compile high level project costs and in order to advise final design brief for completion by relevant country’s local consultants.
- Compile main building structural / civil design & build RFPs.
- Development and maintenance of Concept scheme design, prototype design, and template specifications for main building civil/structural elements; Create / maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Summarize project cost and generate baselines and valuation models; Construct and maintain the pricing models; Project cost management and optimization; Lead initiatives aimed at improving cost, quality, schedule, and consistency.
- Manage the work of our external architectural/civil/structural design consultants.
- Provide support for: Project management, including sub-contractor selection & management, supply chain, procurement, process management and acceptance.
- Provide general and project support and guidance to all local project teams in the region to develop their delivery skills;
- Formulate delivery construction solution standards and guides; Formulate project acceptance criteria.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Engineering (Structural and Civil) non-negotiable.
- Professional registration required.
- IT / ICT or any business related qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years structural / civil engineering experience, involving medium to large scale and complex projects (experience with data centre, mission critical and industrial projects).
- Minimum 5 years experience in consulting engineering firm.
- Minimum 2 large scale (no less than 1 megawatts) Data Center projects design or build experience.
- In-depth knowledge of structural and civil engineering components for the construction of buildings (including drainage systems).
- Fundamental understanding of M&E systems / building services requirements, including generators, fuel storage, UPS system, HVAC system, Medium and Low Voltage systems etc.
- Possess a strong awareness of current and emerging industry standards including Uptime Institute, TIA 942 and local standard as well as vendors and technologies as that relate to the Data Center facilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit and industry standard structural modelling software.
- Working experience with MEP engineering consultants.
- Vendor and consultant management skills.
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
- Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards across the Nigeria and Africa region. International project and program experience.
- Excellent communication skills capability, attention to detail, and high quality standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously and good project management capability.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Effective communications skills
- Persuasive and Presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in team
- Must be able to work in a structured manner
- Collect information and Refining ideas
- Market analysis tools and models
- Basic finance knowledge to understand mobile operator finance report
- Proven marketing skills, understanding of the marketing process and methods.
- Collect and information analysis skills
- Strong consulting skills with excellent commercial awareness.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven conflict and issue management skills.
- Goal-oriented analysis and research skills and a professional ability to output analysis report in terms of specific ICT fields.
- Experience of working with ICT fields enterprise or organization with varying levels of marketing understanding in different cultures.
- Experience of working with audiences with varying levels of technical understanding in different cultures.
- Team-oriented leadership and management skills and a professional attitude towards colleagues and clients.
- Must be presentable, articulate, reliable, committed and resilient.
- Work on multiple data center construction projects and capital improvement projects simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable and capable of working with limited oversight.
N350,000 – N600,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611