St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 70years provided quality education to primary school-age children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Admin Officer
Location: Ebute – Metta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Head, HR & Admin
Level: Mid Level
Number of subordinates: 12
- Ensure that daily school operations is running and performed in a seamless and efficient manner and supervise the administrative team members to ensure performance.
Core, Essential Responsibilities / outputs of the position
Role/ Task Complexity:
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the School
- Ensure that proper security measures are put in place for the safety of pupils and employees as well as the school’s assets
- Ensure that the school is clean and ready for work in line with the approved schedules
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance schedules of school machinery, equipment and devices to minimize downtime and ensure operational efficiency
- Identify opportunities for administrative management improvements and recommend to the school management
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Facilitate and coordinate best practice tendering and contracting activities
- Plan and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines
- Identify the facilities and resources required by the school
- Establish and manage adequate maintenance strategies.
- Ensure energy and water efficiency of the school
- Provide the required support for the general administrative functions
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Develop administrative policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed list of facilities needed in various departments
- Maintain inventory of all school assets and supplies, that is, to determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs and order more materials when necessary.
- Manage replenishment and restocking of stationaries and school supplies
- Ensure accurate record keeping, sign-offs and filing
- Prepare comprehensive reports as required by the school’s management
- Record administrative expenditure and manage the annual Administrative budget
- Maintain all health and safety equipment and protocol pertaining to the school
- Supervise and oversee the activities of direct reports
- Ensure effective performance of direct reports
- Liaise with the Tender Committee
Utilities Management, repairs and asset management:
- Ensure that the facilities and assets in the school are well maintained, in good order and working properly
- Ensure the school’s equipment, devices and appliances are kept safe at all times
- Arrange for replacements and repairs as needed
- Maintain store supplies and ensure efficient and effective store operations
- Prepare requests by verifying documents from vendors and suppliers for management’s approval
- Ensure effective and efficient utilities management i.e Electricity, water, waste disposal, diesel supply, Phone credits etc.
- Oversee the store and ensure all items and consumables are kept safe
- Ensure the school grounds and landscape is well kept at all times
Suppliers and Vendors liaison:
- Identify and research potential new suppliers and vendors
- Verify, register and maintain a robust supplier’s and vendor’s list
- Develop and maintain a preferred supplier database and ensure on-line information is available to management
- Ensure repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry our maintenance checks on all school assets
- Develop and maintain a reporting system for contractor and supplier performance
- Develop and maintain a reporting system which measures the procurement process
- Ensure all school procurements are in line with the procurement policy Manage school supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Conduct market survey to negotiate the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the School
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Coordinate purchasing, warehousing and inventory functions
- Assist in the organising and hosting approved hospitality functions and events.
- Manage contracts and projects to ensure compliance with specifications and service delivery standards.
- Collate the global year plan, under direction of the Head Teacher
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and/or visitors
- Supervise school development projects
- Supervise the fumigation of the school from time to time
- Provide logistical support when required
- Ensure the school vehicles are well maintained and in good condition including cleaning, refurbishment, repairs and replacement of their parts and availability to carry out official duties
- Ensure vehicle and driver’s licences are renewed as at when due
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection dates
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance schedules of school vehicles
- Ensure regulatory compliance of Nigerian road transport laws
- Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of service
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency
Independent thought and Judgment/Creativities (improvement/innovation inherent):
- Design of an effective transaction tracking system
- Ability to take instruction and ideas and turn it into effective and productive operational plan
- Item and Consumable arrangement
- Cost effectiveness
Vulnerabilities (control span):
- Risk of losing track of important routine activities and maintenance requirements.
- Depleting and poor-quality vendors list
- Education: Degree
- Total Experience: 7 years Supervisory Experience: 3
- Job Experience: 5 Years
- High Energy
- Physically strong
- General Administration, Organisation and Management
- Compliance & Record Keeping
- Project Management
- People Management
- Time Management
- Knowledge of Inventory Operations
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office suites
- Communication skills
- High on execution and low on excuses
- Sound discretion and judgment
- High sense of responsibility
- Interpersonal Skill
- Problem solving skills
- High Integrity
- Forward thinking
- Creative and Innovative
- Sound ethics and integrity
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611