Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Akwa Ibom
- The Governing Council of Akwa Ibom State University has declared the position of Bursar open
- The position will be filled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act- No. 11 of 1993 the Universities (Miscellaneous
- Provisions) Amendment Act 201.2 and the Akwa Ibom State University Law
- Interested candidates who meet the requisite qualifications and experience as specified below are invited to apply.
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University He / she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The candidate for the post must exhibit a considerable degree of competence responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of financial and human resource management.
- He/she must be ICT compliant and must be conversant with current trends in financial reporting
- The prospective candidate must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT-driven Bursary, working at the highest level of efficiency to eliminate delays an bureaucratic bottlenecks.
- The candidate shall be required to possess the ability to advise the Vice-Chancellor in planning and executing strategies for enhancing internal revenue generation as well as promoting the culture of “doing more with less”
- In addition, the candidate is required to write in not more than five hundred (500) words his/her proposal for fund generation and management for the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess the basic qualification of First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) as well a WASC, SSC (WAEC or NECO), GCE or equivalent qualification with Credit Passes in a minimum of five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Economics;
- Possess a good honours Degree not below Second Class in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Management from a recognized University;
- In addition, the candidate must be a member of any of the following professional Accounting bodies: ICAN, ANAN. Possession of MBA or any relevant higher Degree will be an advantage;
- The applicant should have at least Twelve (12) years post-qualification cognate experience and must have been a Deputy Bursar for at least 4 years preferably in a University or similar institution
- The of the Bursar as a Principal Officer of the University is a single term of five (5).
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate will be placed on consolidated salary for Bursars and will enjoy all the allowances normally attached to the position of Principal Officer in Nigeria as well as other benefits as may be approved by the Governing Council of Akwa Ibom State University.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty-five (25) copies each of his / her Application and CV, indicating the following information:
- Full name
- Post sought
- Date and Place of birth
- Permanent Home and Current Contact Addresses
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic / Professional Qualification (attach photocopies of all certificates)
- Previous Working Experience (Giving rank and salary) details of research work and publications
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, one of whom must be in a position to supply academic, and / or professional reference.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Akwa Ibom State University,
Ikot Akpaden, MpatEnin, L.G.A,
P.M.B. 1167, Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- Applicants are advised to write boldly at the top left hand corner of the envelopes containing their Applications, the position to which they are responding.
- Referee should also be advised to send their reports, in confidential cover, directly to the “Vice Chancellor”.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611