MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol Officer
- People Data: Coordinate the activities of 4 luggage handlers, FAAN Airport Protocol Services agents, and Airline Representatives.
- Statistical Data: About 3000 passengers on several international flights yearly. Over 4000 passengers yearly on local flights (Arik Air, Air Peace, chartered Jet, etc.).
- Facilitate movement of company’s staff across different operational locations. Assist in supervising and coordinating the activities of airline representatives directly responsible for these functions.
- Assist in ensuring smooth customs/immigrations clearances of travellers on mission to Nigeria and ensure accountabilities for all expected guests/contractors arriving and departing the country.
- Provide useful flight information like periodic changes in schedules, flight lateness and weather challenges to Deepwater.
- Admin Services as well as other units in the department to prevent misinformation of staff and wrong travels management.
- Ensure data is made available through various reports for further actions and decisions by the management.
- Provide accurate POB of arriving and departing passengers.
- Aid passengers go through the security checks i.e., immigrations, customs, and other airport security agencies without difficulties as well as assist passengers to collect boarding passes and facilitate their boarding process.
Context and Environment:
- The job entails working in an environment that is plagued with unpredictably high traffic situations, congestion, and disturbance from touts/unofficial interferences from security/customs/immigration agencies.
- There are also challenges like disruptions of movements due to technical breakdown of aircraft, bad weather, late departure of aircraft, control tower interferences, problems with vendors of leased jet, security because of late-night movements, etc.
- Long working hours of work per day because of various flight movements.
- Saves the company the headache and worries associated with exploitation of passengers at the airports by ensuring closely monitored and secured system of passengers’ movement in conjunction with Transport and Security entities.
- Confirmation of flights and hotel reservation details for travelling staff and relaying of the flight details information to the staff on arrival at the airports.
- Seamless checking out of staff at airport and guidance to board company shuttle to eliminate potential cold reception and rough handling of passengers by government agents and touts and also security threats/risk of falling into wrong hands at the airport especially by expatriate staff and first-timers.
- Poor performance or non-performance on the job will cause loss of resources, personal inconvenience to staff/visitors, and create unsafe situations.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- First Degree holder with at least three years’ experience in Airport Protocol handling processes
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Bayonle.email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611