[TRAGIC] Three Siblings Die, Two Hospitalised After Eating Amala

Amala
  • The father of the children, who is a farmer, said he produced the yam flour himself

A community in the Ilorin East Local Government Area of Kwara State was in disarray when three siblings died and two others were hospitalized after they consumed a locally prepared yam flour meal (Amala). 

According to reports, five siblings of the same parents complained of abdominal pains and started vomiting after they ate the amala.

Read also: Tragedy As Family Of 10 Dies After Consuming Herbal Mixture In Kwara

They were reportedly rushed to the children’s hospital in Centre Igboro but three of them were pronounced dead at the hospital.

Amala

The other two survived and are responding to treatment.

The father of the children, who is a farmer, said he produced the yam flour himself and doesn’t know what exactly went wrong.

Recall that EKO HOT BLOG reported, less than a month ago, how a family of 10 also died recently after consuming an herbal mixture meant to cure a foot infection.

Facebook Comments

Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:

Kindly contact us at ekohotblog@gmail.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.

Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.

Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611