Toddler Burnt To Death In Calabar House Fire

Calabar
  • The mother of the child narrated that she went out to a pharmacy in the area to get drugs and pampers for the sick child…

A one-year-old baby has been burnt to death in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, as a result of a candlelight fire in a thatched house.

The incident was said to have occurred at the Eta Agbor area of Calabar Municipality on October 9.

EKO HOT BLOG learnt that the thatched house was completely burnt down.

Glory Etim-Akpan, mother of the child, told the News Agency of Nigeria that her child was sick and so she went out to a pharmacy in the area to get drugs and pampers for her, explaining that she left the child, a baby girl, Kate Dickson, at home sleeping, while the candlelight was burning.

Read also: Chidinma Speaks On Alleged Murder Of Super TV CEO

“My baby was having cough and catarrh, so I decided to go out to buy drugs and pampers for her. Before I went out of the house, I lighted a candle on top of a metal plate in our room.

“I didn’t even get to the pharmacy when I was called that our house was on fire and It was not up to 30 minutes that I left the house.

“Neighbours around heard my baby crying, but they couldn’t intervene. When I came back, we broke the door and I found out that my baby was already burnt to death.

“Also, I lost all my properties including my certificates. The fire burnt down my apartment completely,” she lamented.

According to Etim-Akpan, her life has been shattered because she has nowhere to stay, no food to eat, and no clothes to wear.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE 

Gunmen Storm Catholic Seminary, Abduct Scores In Kaduna

Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:

Kindly contact us at ekohotblog@gmail.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.

Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.

Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611