- Actress Lili Bernard files lawsuit against Bill Cosby alleging he drugged and raped her.
- Bernard claims in her lawsuit that Cosby drugged and assaulted her at the Trump Taj Mahal casino resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in August 1990…
Ekohotblog reports that according to court records, actress Lili Bernard filed a complaint against Bill Cosby on Thursday, alleging that he drugged and raped her in Atlantic City in or around August 1990.
Bernard claims in her lawsuit that she met the comedian on the set of “The Cosby Show” in July 1990 and that he promised to be a mentor for her acting career. According to the claim, Cosby asked her extensive questions about her past and assured her he would treat her as if she were his own daughter, as well as warning her of “Hollywood’s sexual demands.”
Cosby allegedly assured Bernard that if she “worked hard and followed his orders,” he would give her a main speaking part on his program. According to the lawsuit, Cosby “violently, and without permission grabbed and squeezed” her breasts during an exercise in vocal projection.
Bernard claims in her lawsuit that Cosby drugged and assaulted her at the Trump Taj Mahal casino resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in August 1990, after luring her there by telling her he was arranging a meeting with a producer who would promote her career.
“This is simply another effort to exploit the judicial process, by opening up the floodgates for people who never offered an ounce of evidence, proof, truth and/or facts, in order to support their purported accusations,” Cosby’s spokesperson Andrew Wyatt said in a statement Thursday.
“Mr. Cosby continues to maintain steadfast in his innocence and will vigorously fight ANY alleged allegations waged against him and is willing and able to take this fight to the highest court in these United States of America,” Wyatt said.
Wyatt added that in July 2015, “the New Jersey Prosecutor terminated the investigation against Mr. Cosby and decided not to move forward with Lili Bernard claims,” adding that the allegations were “far beyond the statute of limitations.”
Bernard, who has previously accused Cosby of assault, spoke outside the courthouse in April 2018 after Cosby was convicted guilty of three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, another accuser, at his Pennsylvania home.
Documents from a civil complaint filed by Constand in 2005 reveal that Cosby acknowledged to obtaining prescription Quaaludes to deliver to women he intended to have sex with. He has not, however, confessed to drugging any of his victims. At the moment the records were made public, Cosby’s spokesperson declined to comment. Constand and Cosby, who both denied misconduct, reached a legal settlement in 2006.
Cosby’s criminal conviction was overturned in June and he was released from prison after Pennsylvania’s highest court said the disgraced actor’s due process rights were violated.
In her lawsuit, Bernard alleged that Cosby prepared a beverage for her to drink, after which she began to feel “symptoms of dizziness, an urge to vomit, and weakness.” She vomited and lost consciousness, the lawsuit alleged.
The lawsuit described Bernard allegedly going in and out of consciousness, waking up to find Cosby undressing her despite her saying “no,” and later awoke again to find Cosby naked on top of her and raping her. In the suit, Bernard said she then awoke to find herself naked and unable to move in an empty bathtub or jacuzzi and then awoke naked in bed the next morning.
The suit alleges that Cosby threatened the actress that he would file a police report against her if she went to the police, and he would “erase” her and prevent her from working in the entertainment industry if she reported what happened.
Bernard said she has suffered psychological, mental and physical trauma. She is seeking $125 million in damages, according to the lawsuit.
“I have waited a long time to be able to pursue my case in court and I look forward to being heard and to hold Cosby accountable for what he did to me. Although it occurred long ago, I still live with the fear, pain and shame every day of my life,” Bernard said in a news release.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611