Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead IT Project Manager
- An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and talented Lead Project manager to join a dynamic team.
- A project manager is responsible for building and leading the Project Management Office (PMO) to the highest governance standards in line with the organization’s strategic focus, overseeing project management staff and providing guidance on PMO processes and policies.
- This individual will manage the day-to-day activities of the PMO.
- Lead the implementation and management of program and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
- Review programs and project for deliverability including adequate resourcing.
- Ensures all governance reporting is accurate and timely, with appropriate updates on projects timeframes, budgets, scope, and benefits.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Provide metrics to evaluate project managers and other related staffs of their projects.
- Provide oversight on project resourcing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Program Delivery.
- Participate in an all IT Planning and Policy development efforts.
- Facilitate the resolutions f any issues encountered.
- Oversees the production of periodic project report for senior management.
- Provide supportive leadership, motivating, and directing staffs as they work.
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome, including process improvement of the PMO.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in STEM
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as a project manager, preferably in a financial institution.
- Experience with iterative development project delivery.
- Competency in project management tools
- Relevant professional qualifications and a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Certification include: Professional Scrum Master, Professional Product Owner, Program Management Professional (PGPM), Management, Project Management Professional PMP, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Proven experience as a PMO manager or other management position.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Good understanding of financial services industry and need for periodically embarking on IT enabled business change projects.
- Working knowledge of contract management.
- Risk management experience in project management.
- Sound understanding of project management practices.
- Adequate knowledge of package implementation of integrated systems.
- Strong knowledge and use of project management methodologies and its implementation.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Good understanding of Agile methodology.
- Strong resource management experience.
- Effective communication skills: A PMO must be a good communicator so that he/she can connect with people at all levels. The PMO must clearly explain the project goals as well as each member’s task, responsibilities, expectations and feedback.
- Strong leadership skills: An effective PMO means having strong leadership qualities such as being able to motive the team and drive them to maximum performance so they can achieve their goals.
- Good decision maker: A PMO needs to have decision making skills because there will always be decisions that need to be acted on.
- Team building skills: A PMO need to know how to give each team member the importance they need by focusing on their positive traits. He has to be fair and just in the way he treats his team.
- Competence: A PMO must know what he/she is doing, can initiate new projects as well as face the challenges that come with it.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in Ms Word and PDF to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611