Roche – At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of West Africa, Diagnostics
Requisition ID: 202111-132931
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full-time
- Roche in Lagos is seeking a Head of West Africa to lead the strategic and operational delivery of the West African Diagnostic business and team.
Strategic & Operational Management:
- Contribute to the organisational strategic plan by understanding the organisational vision, identifying, developing and drafting the key commercial strategic inputs and providing these inputs to the organisational strategic plan annually.
- Develop the Diagnostics for the region long term strategy by undertaking research and drafting the strategy, aligning with the overall long-term organisational strategy and vision annually.
- Prepare “what-if” scenarios for implementation in the country by reviewing the country policy and legislation, monitoring the country political and financial situation and stability and drafting the scenarios to address any possible outcome.
- Contribute to the integrated brand plan by identifying key projects, activities and inputs, prioritising the projects, setting targets, managing the country inputs and reviewing the overall integrated brand plans annually
- Develop the regional operational (sales, technical, marketing, business development, market access) plans by identifying key projects, activities and inputs, prioritising the projects, setting targets, managing the country inputs and compiling the operational plans annually.
- Define and develop new business models in support of the delivery of the strategic targets by undertaking research, developing the models, testing and implementing as required.
- Lead the transformation process by identifying transformation targets, communicating targets to the team, monitoring progress of implementation against transformation targets and addressing any areas of concern.
- Report on performance by tracking performance against targets, identifying progress and areas of concern, drafting reports and submitting monthly and as required.
- Manage operational performance by tracking performance against targets, identifying anomalies and implementing corrective action monthly and as required.
- Lead the knowledge and communication sharing process for the region with other / international Roche product teams and other relevant stakeholders by developing inputs, preparing communications and participating in discussion forums.
- Lead the client engagement philosophy by managing the key opinion leaders and key decisions makers relationships, attending meetings and presenting at executive level.
- Lead advocacy activities with prioritised country ministries to establish relationships to support the optimisation of commercial opportunities for Roche within the country.
- Manage the relationship with the prioritised country ministries by establishing contact with relevant stakeholders, engaging with them on their priorities, providing information and feedback.
- Develop the country advocacy strategic plans by reviewing the country policies and priorities, aligning with the Roche strategy, and drafting the supporting documentation and memorandum of understandings.
- Manage contracts with key clients, distributors and wholesalers by tracking performance in line with the contract, providing feedback on performance, identifying anomalies and implementing corrective action monthly and as required.
- Manage contracts with third party distributors and marketing agreements by tracking performance, providing feedback and reporting on progress, making recommendations for improvement, identifying risks and anomalies and implementing corrective action monthly and as required.
Stakeholder Engagement & Management:
- Manage relationships with key clients and Business Partners and marketing agreements by engaging with key decision makers, monitoring the relationship and addressing any queries.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with new clients, distributors, wholesalers and stakeholders by scanning the market, identifying key parties, developing and structuring partnership agreements and arrangements and engaging with them.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders by providing input and supporting business activities, gathering inputs and integrating into business models and reporting on progress and impact.
- Represent Roche at customer functions by attending functions, participating in an appropriate manner, maintaining and building the customer relationship and providing feedback to the business as required.
- Respond to customer specific requirements by receiving the brief, developing the required solution and presenting within the required timeframes and to quality standards.
- Develop the budget for the region by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and submitting it annually and as required.
- Manage the profitability for Diagnostics in the region by tracking profitability, identifying any issues and implementing corrective action monthly .
- Manage expenditure by tracking spend against budget allocations, approving expenditure, address any budget variances and provide feedback monthly and as required.
- Participate in executive meetings by preparing reports, presenting reports, answering queries and implementing decisions .
- Manage the development and implementation of policies and procedures by reviewing policies, identifying policy gaps, drafting policies and managing implementation of policies annually.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures including the delegation of authority, identify areas of non-compliance, address non-compliance and track improvements.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes by reviewing the landscape, identifying changes, analysing and interpreting the impact of the changes, integrating the changes into the policies and procedures and communicating these changes.
Staff Leadership and Management:
- To define the staff requirements, resourcing the team by retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff as required, inducting new staff members, monitoring and managing performance and managing staff development.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following Skills, Experience and Education:
- Required Qualification: Degree qualification in a relevant field.
- Required Experience: At least 7-10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical / diagnostics industry and at least 5-8 years management experience.
- Required Knowledge: Regulation, Business Development, Sales, Risk Management, Strategy, Stakeholder management and negotiation.
- Other requirements: Must be willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611