British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Shift Team Lead
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The Electrical Technician supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale, in order to achieve the Compelling Business Need by thorough application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- Our new colleague, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner are ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are completed.
What You Will be Accountable For
- Collaborate across lines and cell with other technicians as required to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization.
- Mentor and develop Technician I and Operating Teams
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution
- As a member of Operating AM team, drives and performs all AM related activities and actions within Shift. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing)
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Performs weekly & monthly CILs
- Maintains and updates all standards in Equipment (i.e. CIL, OPLs, lube map, safety map, centrelines, defect list, etc.)
- Capable to perform all PMs
- Collaborates with PM resource to identify and update PMs as needed
- Participates in Breakdown Elimination and leads improvements to eliminate reoccurring BDs
- Continues to create OPLs to guide others how to help you keep your equipment maintained at standard
- Understand, follow, and insure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements. Eliminate Root Cause of any outages
- Lead issue resolution “to Root Cause” on the floor of chronic stops, especially during Shift DDS.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering/Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma (Electrical/Electronics) from a recognized institution.
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on either Making or Packing machines
- A good understanding of electrical, electronics and instrumentation processes, both hands on and theory will be required
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings (to component level)
- Intermediate knowledge on PLC’s, HMI’s and also good knowledge on Siemens SIMATIC S7 controllers
- Knowledge of fault analysis of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (120V to 480V 3phase) and common utility / lighting circuits
- Ability to analyse problems, identify solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- A high degree of inter-personal skills will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members.
- Effective communication skills in order to deliver superior performance
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing needs
- High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results
See what is possible for you at BAT:
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, Achieving, Together
- Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611