Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Business Partner, Human Capital Development
Reporting to the Chief People and Culture Officer (CHRO), the role will be accountable for the People and Culture agenda in the region. They will do this by:
- working as trusted advisors to the leadership team enabling achievement of the Human Capital Development’s strategic plan,
- partnering closely with P&C BPs and P&C subject matter experts to design strategies, programs and initiatives that are aligned to the Human Capital Development objectives and reflect values aligned people best practices.
- providing hands-on P&C support for Foundation staff in the Human Capital Development function/region.
- ensuring that the P&C agenda for the function area is achieved.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Contribute to the creation of the Human Resources function strategy in close collaboration with CHRO and the P&C team.
- Recommend, co-design and participate in shaping all P&C Functional Practice areas, influencing the work of the P&C Centers of Excellence (COE).
- Leverage networks and experience to bring new ideas and best practice to the fore as we design the future.
- Partner with the Human Capital Development teams to develop regional and country strategies and plans aligned to overarching Foundation goals.
- Work with Human Capital Development executive and teams to advance the business from a People and Culture perspective.
- Partner with the Human Capital Development Leadership to assess gaps and determine functional operating capacity and capability to achieve business strategy.
- Develop people budgets aligned with the Human Capital Development business strategy and ensure delivery within the defined budgets.
- Lead the implementation of all reward programs, processes and plans for Human Capital Development.
- Partner with other P&CBPs to operationalize the P&C operating model.
- Develop routines and ways of working that fulfil effective, efficient and consistent delivery of the P&C agenda in Human Capital Development function.
- Co-create with other P&C BPs and COE, the development of programs and plans e.g. employee engagement, leadership development, onboarding, etc then lead the delivery and embedding of same in the region. Collaborate to support the implementation of other emerging/ urgent P&C priorities and programs
- Lead the implementation/ review and embedding of HR processes for consistent P&C client satisfaction across all the regions.
- Provide advisory services with regards to P&C practices and policies, including labor relations, reward, employee well-being and culture ensuring that country nuances are accurately reflected in all actions taken in the region.
- Partner with HR Operations to ensure the delivery of effective and efficient services (e.g. P&C analytics, data, reporting, policy and procedures formulation, systems and processes) to all leaders and staff in Human Capital Development.
- Partner with the business and P&C COE to deliver organization design that achieves business strategy.
- Facilitate organizational (re)design including defining new/revised organizations and operating models, determining accountabilities and responsibilities, job descriptions and leading operational effectiveness processes and routines (e.g., RACI, process reviews, oneness initiatives).
- Partner with the business and P&C COE to design and lead the implementation of functional end to end transformation.
- Perform assessment of change, support research, build change and communications plans.
- Lead the execution of change, interfacing with business stakeholders and ensuring alignment.
- Develop programs that support leaders, managers and employees to live the values and adopt behaviors that support an engaged workforce.
- Develop great relationships with employees at all levels to support a high level of employee engagement.
Who You Are
- A Postgraduate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field and / or a combination of relevant experience and education is required.
- 10 – 15 years of progressive HR experience serving in strategically focused roles. Senior level experience as a Human Resources Business Partner is a must. Global experience is an asset.
- 5 – 7 years of experience leading and managing a team with the proven ability to motivate and energize others.
- Extensive knowledge of regional employment legislation.
- Solid knowledge of most people and culture processes and best practices.
- A strong professional network is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of immigration and relocation practices.
- Willingness to take initiative, “roll up one’s sleeves” move with urgency, persistence and speed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment of high demand and change.
- Able to navigate a complex organization in transition, bringing a flexible attitude and a growth mindset.
- Able to bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions. Willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas and approaches.
- Strong employee focus with superior collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sound business acumen.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual, and strategic-thinking skills.
- Strong judgement, consulting, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable with all forms of technology.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611