Samcham Holdings Limited is a company incorporated in 1991 as Clearing and Shipping Agent. We are duly registered with the Nigeria Customs Services, Nigeria Port Plc and Nigeria Maritime Authority as a licensed Clearing and Shipping Agent. The company has diversified into haulage and petroleum products retail services The company has a fleet of over 50 American Mack Trucks in her haulage department to complement and improve services to our clients.
We own a Petrol Filling Station that is leased to MOBIL NIG. PLC and offer efficient and effective clearing services in all Nigerian Seaports and Airports. Our vehicles are well insured with notable and reliable insurance companies in the Country. We equally maintain a group of honest, devoted and highly professional operational staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clearing and Forwarding Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently seeking to employ a Clearing & Forwarding Officer
- We need an individual who can multitask and is able to accomplish tasks well. An individual who can manage all import and export functions from pre-shipping, shipping to delivery of the consignment.
- An individual with in-depth knowledge of cargo clearing processes and the ability to deliver under pressure and budget effectively.
- Obtain an accurate Check List and check all documents to avoid errors, identify missing documents, and/or identify potential issues. Opening of form M / LC Application to import.
- Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Ensure timely clearing of goods at the ports to their final destination.
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment.
- Administering import procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
- Interface with all the government-approved regulatory agencies in connection with the required documents and certifications.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing the seamless movement of the consignments to the final destination.
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements, and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected to the vessels handling at the ports.
- To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report PAAR and rotation number is allotted.
- To be able to organize fast track clearing for the company.
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before the close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers.
- ND, HND or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in international documentation, LC, Shipping processes, bill of lading.
- Previous experience working with customs brokers, forwarders, and international partners
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies, and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The position is based in Apapa.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611