John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) – We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
- The SI Advisor will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP), the state counterparts – STBLCP and implementing partners that support TB services in the development of and implementation of TB data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- S/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance state-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of TB quality of care interventions.
- S/he will provide oversight, technical direction and implementation of strategies and interventions to strengthen data management and coordination capacity of NTBLCP/STBLCP and implementing partners.
- This may include support to develop skills in leadership, data management and coordination, data analysis and interpretation, data quality assurance, and use of data for evidence-based decision-making.
- In addition to facilitating formal training, the SI Advisor will work closely with the NTBLCP and IPs staff to provide hands-on skill-building mentoring and coaching.
- Overall, the SI Advisor will aim to strengthen the TB strategic information (SI) with a particular focus on capacity building to improve the national-level data transparency, quality, and use in USAID’s priority states and other states where USAID contributes to and provides technical assistance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, adapt and implement a capacity building package for NTBLCP at central level and sub-national level (state, LGA and facility).
- Provide in-country technical leadership and support for capacity building on TB data management especially routine data.
- Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of TB data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at national and state level.
- Strengthen the use of data at the national and state level for program monitoring and improvement.
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources.
- Support NTP Strategic capacity building Plan development and implementation.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to measure progress in M&E capacity that is linked to TB program performance.
- Develop and adapt training curricula to align with internationally recognized modern approaches in data management and TB control.
- Assist in identifying requirements for specific technical assistance, develop appropriate scopes of work, and work with implementing partners to scale-up relevant capacity building activities for the sub-national level staff (states, LGAs, facilities)
- Lead the development and documentation of effective tools and approaches for institutional capacity building, and maintain an inventory of successful strategies and approaches.
- Document and ensure lessons learned by contributing to project reports, publications, internal and external presentations.
- This will be from January 2022 to end of TB DIAH project
The following qualifications are required:
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health or an Advanced Degree in a related Health field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant experience in TB disease surveillance strengthening, TB data collection and reporting, data quality and surveillance program improvements, with at least three (5) years’ experience in Nigeria.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in each of the following areas: 1)Designing and implementing TB prevention and control program in Nigeria. 2) Providing TB technical leadership. 3) Managing similar health projects. 4) Interacting with donors, implementing partners and host country government
- Demonstrated experience working with NTBLCP and other infectious disease control programs in developing countries.
- Sensitivity toward cultural diversity and an ability to work across various regions of the world.
- Ability to work independently, lead, and manage multiple activities.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply adult learning and participatory teaching andragogy is very important
- Ability to work effectively with TB DIAH project staff, USAID, implementing partners, other donors, and international organizations.
- Availability to travel within Nigeria.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Expert must be based in Nigeria
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- SI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611