Fire guts Maria Assumpta Catholic Cathedral in Imo State.
- Catholic Priest, who pleaded not to mention his name told newsmen that it was caused by an electrical fault.
EKO HOT BLOG reports that midnight inferno gutted the Maria Assumpta Cathedral Catholic Archdiocese, in Owerri, Imo State, on Sunday night.
An eyewitness disclosed that the fire started around 11:48 Pm, and affected only a section of the main church building which went up inflame.
Catholic Priest, who pleaded not to mention his name told newsmen that it was caused by an electrical fault.
He explained that “The fire was not that much. It was as a result an electrical fault. It started from a room in the church where most of the wire connection was done. Yes, it damaged so many things. You know there was no how a fire will not damage something.
“By God’s grace, the fire did not go far, with the efforts of other people it was put off. So it’s just an electrical fault.”
Another, eyewitness among those who assisted in putting off the fire, said: “When the fire started we heard an explosion from the area. There were sparkling electrical wires and the next was the fire. It could be those electronic gadgets and musical instruments in that section of the church building.
“We thank God God that it was not much. We saw it was the wrong wire connection.
Many people came and were using water and other substance to extinguish the fire and lucky enough we succeeded in quenching the fire.”
You May Also Like: BREAKING: Gunmen Raze Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s Residence
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611