WAEC Bans 35 Schools from presenting candidates for WASSCE over their involvement in examination malpractices in Rivers State
- ...some schools have acquired the notoriety of being called ” miracle Centres” where all manners of examination malpractices are allowed and where desperate candidates and their parents register to acquire fraudulent results
- Reason JAMB Results Cannot Be Used Beyond One Year – Registrar
- NAUS Threatens To Take Drastic Action Against FG Over ASUU Strike
- Kogi Poly Expels 15 Students Over Examination Malpractice
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has banned 35 secondary schools from presenting candidates for the West African Secondary School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, over their involvement in examination malpractices in Rivers State.
The State Ministry Education has forwarded the letter de-recognising the affected schools signed by the Deputy Registrar/Zonal Coordinator for Head of National office of West African Examinations Council, WAEC, S.D. KUM to all concerned schools and for the notice of the public.
He noted that the schools affected by the ban will not register candidates for the examination until further notice.
This online media platform gathered that some schools have acquired the notoriety of being called ” miracle Centres” where all manners of examination malpractices are allowed and where desperate candidates and their parents register to acquire fraudulent results.
Some of the schools include Christ Secondary School, Nonwa, Rootway Comprehensive College, PH, Millenium High School PH, Excel Comprehensive College, Bori, Sonny Memorial College, Diobu, Comprehensive High School, Khana.
Others are: Community Sec. Sch. Baen, Comm. Secondary School. Ngo-Uyeada, Baptist Vocational College, Ahoada, Comm. Sec. Sch. Ebubu Eleme, John Wesley College, Bori amongst others.
The ban on the schools may be due to the diligence carried out by WAEC surveillance team and the output of 2021 performance in the West African Secondary School Certificate Examination.
- YABATECH Announces Cut-Off Marks For 2022 Post-UTME
- ASUU Strike: BUK Orders Students To Vacate Institution’s Hostel, Premises
- Indigenes Protest As Bamire Emerges 12th OAU Vice-Chancellor
See the full list of the banned schools below:
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611