Banky W joins PDP, to contest house of reps again
- On joining PDP, he said he no longer want to stand by the sidelines but “must get into the system to fix it”
- 2023: ‘Nigeria Should Come First’, Babangida Tells Presidential Aspirants
- 2023 Presidency: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki, Obi, Others – Obasanjo Warns Nigerians
- 2023: Those Working Against Zoning Are Selfish – Wike
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Nigerian singer, and Music executive, Bankole Wellington, also known as Banky W, has joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to run for House of Representatives in 2023 general elections.
In a post on his Twitter page on Friday, Banky W emphasised the need to infiltrate major existing political parties to build a better Nigeria.
He also revealed that he would be contesting for the House of Representatives seat in the 2023 general election.
On joining PDP, he said he no longer want to stand by the sidelines but “must get into the system to fix it”.
“I would like to announce that I will once again be answering the call to serve by attempting to secure a ticket to represent Eti-Osa Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),” Banky W wrote.
Tomorrow we declare. Then we move. DM @thebworg if you'd like to join us tomorrow, we need as many people as possible. We need you. We must engage with Nigeria where it is, not where we prefer for it to be.
The time for just talking is over. It's time to #TalkAndDo. Pls join us. pic.twitter.com/zjGp8EhN9M
— Banky Wellington (@BankyW) April 1, 2022
He said some people may not understand or agree with his decision to run, or his choice of platform, “but I’ve learnt that we must engage with Nigeria where it is, not where we hope that it should be.”
- 2023: Witches Warn Osinbajo Against Contesting For Presidency, Give Reasons
- Insecurity: RMD Urges Buhari Govt To Declare State Of Emergency In Nigeria
- EX-Wife Of Oluwo Of Iwoland, Chanel Chin Reacts To His New Marriage
This online media platform recalls that Banky W had contested for the House of Representatives position in 2019 on the platform of the Modern Democratic Party (MDP) but lost.
Despite the nation’s 18 registered political parties, APC and PDP remain the biggest platforms in Nigeria, having jointly produced presidents and a substantial majority of parliamentary seats since Nigeria returned to civil rule in 1999.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611