Are you aware that onions are classified as a vegetable? This vegetable has a wide range of nutrients that your body needs to function effectively. Onion water has been used as a therapeutic vegetable since ancient times.
- Train Attack: Tinubu Visits Kaduna, Donates ₦50 Million To Victims
- Over 1500 Fake Workers Detected In Civil Service – FG
- 2023: PDP Zoning Committee Concludes Sitting
Onions are high in vitamin Bs and folic acid, which help your body produce more red blood cells. It also contains vitamin C, which aids in the absorption of the mineral iron, which is another essential ingredient for blood synthesis. It is also high in potassium, which helps to preserve the cardiovascular system.
Do you know you can take a slice of onions, boil it, and enjoy so many health benefits?
In this article on EKO HOT BLOG, we will be looking at some amazing benefits you can get from drinking onion water.
1. Onion water is good for your heart
Onions include antioxidants and chemicals that have been demonstrated to lower your body’s levels of neutral fats (triglycerides) and cholesterol. This improves your heart function and lowers your risk of heart disease. It also contains quercetin, a flavonoid antioxidant that helps to reduce inflammation.
2. Onion water contains anti-cancer ingredients
Onions and garlic, for example, have been demonstrated to lessen the incidence of cancer, particularly stomach and colorectal cancers. This is due to the high concentration of flavonoids in them. They also contain sulfur, which lowers the risk of a stomach tumour growing.
3. Onion water aids in the management of blood sugar levels.
Quercetin and sulfur have anti-diabetic properties in addition to anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. When diabetic individuals eat onions, their blood sugar levels tend to be better controlled. In the gut, pancreas, and stomach, quercetin aids in blood sugar regulation.
4. Onion water reduces the risk of bacteria infections
The bacteria that causes cholera, Vibrio cholera, has been proven to be inhibited by onions extract (onions juice). It also aids in the fight against bacteria of different species. Quercetin also has antimicrobial properties.
- 2023: Conduct Primaries Or Face Disqualification, INEC Warns Political Parties
- Journalists Stranded As Adamu Evicts Them From APC Secretariat
- Pastor Demolishes Church After Wife Was Caught With Assistant Pastor
5. Onion water improves digestive health
Onions include prebiotics and fibre, which are important for digestive health. The microorganisms in the large intestine benefit from these ingredients. It also improves bone health by speeding up the absorption of minerals like calcium.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611