In its sixth update, the NRC explained that 191 passengers had been confirmed safe and were in their various homes with their families
- It further explained that 62 phone numbers on the manifest when called responded non-existent, while 22 persons are reported missing by their relatives, with eight persons confirmed dead
- Train Attack: Tinubu Visits Kaduna, Donates ₦50 Million To Victims
- Over 1500 Fake Workers Detected In Civil Service – FG
- 2023: PDP Zoning Committee Concludes Sitting
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the Nigerian Railway Corporation says it is yet to establish contact with 163 passengers and seven crew members who boarded the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked by terrorists on March 28, 2022.
Fidet Okhiria, the NRC’s Managing Director, in the sixth update from the corporation, with respect to the attack on the train, explained that 191 passengers had been confirmed safe and were in their various homes with their families.
He assured that work was ongoing to get the rail line back to operations.
According to him, “46 phone numbers on the manifest are still either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 33 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but still no response from the other end.”
He further explained 62 phone numbers on the manifest when called responded non-existent, while 22 persons are reported missing by their relatives, with eight persons confirmed dead.
The NRC’s Managing Director stated that on the crew members in the train, there were a total of 20 train crew on board, stressing that seven (are) NRC staff, five are okay and two are missing.
He added that of the 10 janitors, six are okay, three missing and one dead, adding that of the three onboard caterers, one is okay and two are missing.
Okhiria explained that SP 00020, one of the coaches was re-railed back to Rigasa station safely.
- 2023: Conduct Primaries Or Face Disqualification, INEC Warns Political Parties
- Journalists Stranded As Adamu Evicts Them From APC Secretariat
- Pastor Demolishes Church After Wife Was Caught With Assistant Pastor
This, according to him brings the total number of recovered coaches and safely moved to the NRC stations to eight.
He said that the intensive track repair works continued on-site to enable the recovery of the remaining coaches and locomotives.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611