Malami, on March 17, 2022, said he won’t resign from office, noting that he will end his tenure gloriously by May 2023
- The Kebbi State indigene was recently rumoured to be interested in succeeding Governor Abubakar Bagudu
- 2023: First Female Presidential Aspirant In APC Announces Bid
- APC Announces Dates Of Party Primaries
- Sacking MC Oluomo After Suspension Is Baseless, Buhari Slams NURTW
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has not resigned.
His Media Assistant, Umar Gwandu, made this known in a statement on Thursday night.
According to Gwandu, Malami remained committed to discharging statutory obligations and constitutionally delineated responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of extant laws.
Malami, on March 17, 2022, said he won’t resign from office, noting that he will end his tenure gloriously by May 2023.
“There is naturally an end to everything. My tenure in office has not yet ended. I pray for a glorious end,” he had said.
Malami, 54, has been a prominent member of the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari since 2015.
He is said to be highly regarded by the President who reportedly seeks his legal advice on major national matters. Buhari’s high estimation of Malami was confirmed last year when the President during an interview refused to “contradict his attorney general”.
- 2023: Conduct Primaries Or Face Disqualification, INEC Warns Political Parties
- Journalists Stranded As Adamu Evicts Them From APC Secretariat
- Pastor Demolishes Church After Wife Was Caught With Assistant Pastor
The Kebbi State indigene was recently rumoured to be interested in succeeding Governor Abubakar Bagudu but Malami’s aide (Gwandu), in a statement, said his principal was yet to declare interest in any elected office in 2023.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611