- Rejection Of UTAS Will Prolong Strike Action – ASUU
- Osun 2022: Oyetola, Adeleke Makes INEC 15-man Final List
- PDP Primaries: Atiku Part Of Our Consensus Arrangement – Saraki
A large amount of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It’s quite painful either way.
Well, some of us are not aware of this, but there are bank protocols for this kind of situation, believe it or not, you can get your money back after being scammed.
So in this article on EKO HOT BLOG, we would be looking step by step, at how to get back your money after being scammed.
- Screenshot all previous chats across all/any social media platforms.
Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the “transaction ID”
Go to any branch of the scam artist’s bank (the bank the scammer used), and ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer and submit them. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER’S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (firstname.lastname@example.org), this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.
- JUST IN: Notorious Robbers Anini, Osunbor, Oyenusi ‘Resurrect’ In Ondo
- JUST IN: Tears As Pregnant Woman, Baby, Others Burnt To Death In Rivers’ Morning Fire
- 14-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Open Water In Kano – Fire Service
What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspect’s account will be PLACED ON HOLD.
Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
Share this information with everyone you know, don’t let scammers go free.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611