Niger Govt Confirms NAF Fighter Jet Killed 6 Children
- Matane said the incident which occurred last week is being investigated, adding that the children were killed during a raid on the terrorists.
- [JUST IN] 2023: Group Vows To Sue Goodluck Jonathan If He Fails To Declare For Presidency
- APC Ticket: Tinubu, Amaechi At War Over 3, 000 Statutory Delegates
- 2023: Ngige To Make Position On Tuesday After Consultation With Mortals, Immortals
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the Secretary to the Niger State Government, Ibrahim Matane, has confirmed the killing of six children by a NAF fighter jet in the state.
Matane said the incident which occurred last week is being investigated, adding that the children were killed during a raid on the terrorists.
The incident occurred in the Kurebe community, Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
When asked if six children were killed by a NAF fighter jet, Matane replied, “Yes, it occurred, the government is looking into the incident and an investigation is ongoing to ascertain what happened.”
According to the chairperson Coalition of Shiroro Associations, Salis Sambo, who spoke with newsmen, said the six children got killed when the fighter jets tried to bomb some terrorists who ran into the community for safety.
He said the affected children were returning from the stream where they had gone to fetch water, adding that four of the children were members of the same family.
It was the terrorists that they were targeting. That week, there were about four airstrikes carried out in Shiroro and scores of terrorists were killed.
- JUST IN: SERAP Urges Buhari To Withdraw Pardon For Dariye, Nyame
- 2023: Olu Of Warri Denies Endorsing Tinubu’s Presidential Bid
- APC Governorship Aspirant, Escapes Assassination
The terrorists ran into the community to take refuge and when the explosives were shelled, it affected the children. It wasn’t deliberate,” he added.
Sambo said that a man lost two of his daughters and two granddaughters in the incident.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611