A court in Oyo dissolves an eight-year marriage due to the husband’s nagging.
- …the wife also accused her husband of visiting her electronics shop to harass and intimidate her.
- ‘Don’t Just Pray For My Aspiration Keep Nigeria In Mind – Tinubu To Lagos Assembly
- APC Hails Return Of Lagos4Lagos As Positive Development
- 2023: Group Rallies Support For Tinubu In South West
EKO HOT BLOG reports that on Thursday an eight-year marriage between a housewife, Mujidat Rafiu, and her husband, Saheed, was dissolved by a Grade ‘A’ Customary Court in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, on the grounds of the man’s incessant nagging.
The marriage was declared dissolved by the President of the court, Mrs S.M. Akintayo, who cited loss of peace as the reason.
According to the Nigerian News Agency, Akintayo has given Rafiu custody of the two children.
She ordered Saheed to pay N10,000 as a monthly feeding payment for the children.
Both the petitioner and the respondent are jointly responsible for the children’s education and well-being.
“The respondent is also prohibited from interfering with the petitioner in any way, including visiting to her shop to generate confusion,” Akintayo stated.
“I have been living under continual anxiety that my husband’s regular nagging will lead to something else,” Rafiu, who lives in Ibadan’s Ona-Elewe neighborhood, previously stated.
“He gripes about little matters.” He yells and assaults me the majority of the time.
“In my married home, I am not free to express myself,” she stated.
She also accused her husband of harassing and intimidating her at her electronics store.
“My lord, she disobeys my directions, and that is why I do what I do to scare her into submitting to me,” Saheed responded.
- Lekki Toll Gate: LAGS Clarifies Legal Status On Toll Collection
- Lagos Keke NAPEP Riders Protest Alleged Molestation By MC Oluomo, Istijabah boys
- Lagos Assures Illubirin, Idumagbo Others Of End Of Floods
“I’m a miserable husband because I have no control over her.” Worse, she kidnapped my two children and took them away from me.
“I also ask this honorable court to assist me in retrieving my photographs from her.”
Click here to watch our Video Of The Week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611