Why I Visited Sunday Igboho In Benin Republic – Soyinka.
- Speaking with his supporters at the Seme border, Soyinka said he came to see Sunday Igboho and to break the Muslim fast with the Yoruba Nation agitator.
- [JUST IN] 2023: Uwazuruike Under Fire For Endorsing Yahaya Bello
- 2023: PDP Picks Abuja For Convention, NEC Decides Zoning Wednesday
- [JUST IN] 2023: Sanwo-Olu Presents His Gov Nomination Forms To Tinubu
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka has revealed the reason he visited Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, in Benin Republic.
This news platform had reported that Soyinka held a meeting with Igboho in Cotonou, where the Yoruba Nation agitator is currently staying after being released from detention.
Others at the meeting include the leader of the Umbrella body of Yoruba Self-determination Groups, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide, Banji Akintoye, and his deputy, Wale Adeniran.
Speaking with his supporters at the Seme border, Soyinka said he came to see Sunday Igboho and to break the Muslim fast with the Yoruba Nation agitator.
He added that Ramadan is as good as any other season to express solidarity with Muslims who had just finished fasting, adding that he had wished to see Igboho.
The veteran dramatist further stated that he was in Benin Republic to sympathise with Igboho over his predicament.
Recall that Igboho had fled his residence in Ibadan and escaped to the Benin Republic in July 2021 after the Department of State Services (DSS) declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms to destabilise Nigeria.
The Yoruba Nation agitator was arrested by Interpol at a Benin airport on July 19, 2021, when he tried to board a Germany-bound flight.
- Train Attack: Terrorists Release Son Of Northern Elders’ Forum Chairman
- JUST IN: Powerful APC Politician Quits Presidential Race, Gives Reason
- BREAKING: Troops Kill Boko Haram/ISWAP’s Spiritual Leader, Recover Arms In Borno
Igboho was, however, released on health grounds after about nine months in a detention facility in the Benin Republic.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611