Deborah’s Murder: UK Reacts, As Buhari Keeps Silent, 24 Hours After Incident
- Nigerians have continued to offer condolences and express outrage over the gruesome murder
- Why I Haven’t Named Those Behind Insecurity In Imo —Uzodimma
- 2023 Presidency: Ohanaeze Threatens Boycott Of Polls Over Zoning
- Niger-Delta Youth Group Sends Strong Warning To Wike Over Dagogo Detention
EKO HOT BLOG reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has kept silent over the brutal murder of Deborah Samuel.
This is coming 24 hours after the student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto State who was killed by Islamic mob.
However, the government of the United Kingdom, has condemned the heinous murder of the young student.
The UK high commissioner to Nigeria, Catriona Laing reacted to the incident in a statement.
“I condemn the murder of Deborah Samuel in Sokoto, and urge the police and relevant authorities to ensure the perpetrators of this horrific act are made to face justice in line with the law”.
Ms Deborah was mobbed at the school’s security post by angry students who hit her repeatedly with sticks and stones till she died.
Nigerians have continued to offer condolences and express outrage over the gruesome murder.
Amnesty International, on Thursday condemned the horrific death of Ms Samuel, demanding immediate justice for the deceased.
- Chaos As Angry Passengers Block Abuja Airport Over Flight Delays [PHOTOS]
- 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Fail To Agree On Consensus
- Police Take Over PDP Secretariat In Abia
Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo, the vice president, have refrained from condemning the religion-inspired murder or sympathising with Ms Samuel’s family.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at email@example.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611