The EFCC said Idris was arrested after failing to honour the commission’s invitations to respond to issues connected to the fraudulent act
- According to the anti-graft agency, the funds were laundered via real estate investments in Kano and Abuja
- ‘You’re Not Fit For President’ – Nigerians React After Atiku Deletes Tweets Condemning Student’s Killing
- Atiku Deletes Posts Condemning Student’s Killing After Muslim Northerners Vow Not To Vote For Him
- Osinbajo Most Likely Buhari’s Successor, Over Atiku, Others, Survey Reveals
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF) Ahmed Idris over an ₦80 billion fraud.
EFCC spokesman Wilson Uwujaren confirmed his arrest in a statement issued on Monday evening.
He said Idris was arrested after failing to honour the commission’s invitations to respond to issues connected to the fraudulent act.
“Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, May 16, 2022, arrested serving Accountant General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris in connection with diversion of funds and money laundering activities to the tune of ₦80 billion( Eighty Billion Naira only),” Uwujaren’s statement read.
“The Commission’s verified intelligence showed that the AGF raked off the funds through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and close associates.”
- 2023: Buhari Orders Emefiele, Other Appointees To Resign
- Justice Mary Odili Set To Bow Out Of Judiciary
- Chaos As Angry Passengers Block Abuja Airport Over Flight Delays [PHOTOS]
According to the EFCC, the funds were laundered via real estate investments in Kano and Abuja.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611